New Patient Information
Your first visit is very important. A little planning ahead can save you a lot of time. For starters, this checklist can give you a good idea of what to expect.
Click on topic to view more information:
What to Bring
- New Patient Forms
- Insurance Card
- Emergency Room records
- Medical Records/X-Rays
- Electronic Medical Records
- Written List of Prescriptions, Medications, Vitamins
- A Family Member or Friend
- Translator if needed
Location and Directions
Click here for our Orthopedic Office location and directions.
Our office is located in Medical Plaza A, Suite 3, First Floor near Wendy's.
Billing and Payment Information
In order for our office to submit an insurance claim, you are required to present your insurance information and valid photo identification at the time of check-in. You are responsible for any co-payment or deductable at each visit, in accordance with your insurance policy.
The statement you receive from our office includes only Dr. Aitken's fees. You may also receive separate bills from the hospital or other physicians such as radiologists and anesthesiologists.
If you do not have insurance, payment is due in full at the time services are rendered. Please check with our office about payment plan options.
We accept cash, check, debit card and most major credit cards.
We participate with and accept most insurance plans including Medicare and Kentucky and Ohio Worker's Compensation; however, it is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that Dr. Aitken is covered under his/her plan.
Some insurance plans require the patient to obtain a referral authorization from their primary care provider prior to receiving services from a specialist. If your plan requires a referral authorization, services will only be provided if the referral authorization is at our office at the time of your appointment. You will have the option to sign a waiver accepting financial responsibility for services not covered due to the lack of referral authorization. If referral authorization is an issue, we can reschedule your appointment.
Office HoursMonday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
After normal business hours and on weekends, our phones are transferred to our answering service. There is always an orthopedic physician on call and, in case of an emergency, that physician will be contacted immediately.
For further questions or to schedule an appointment, call our billing manager at 606.324.3903.
When You are at the Doctor's Office
- Arrive at least 20 minutes early with your paperwork completed to ensure that we can take care of any last minute requirements before you see the doctor.
- Ask Questions: feel free to write down your questions. If you don't understand a medical term or recommendations, let us know.
When You Get Home
- Be sure to follow the Doctor's instructions. Take the full course or medicine. Change dressings as instructed. Remember, you're a part of the team too.
- Keep the doctor informed of any changes in your condition.
- Take a look at our patient education information on our website about many conditions and surgical procedures. Feel free to view information on your scheduled procedure.
Questions to ask at the visit or later, if your doctor recommends surgery
- Why is this procedure being recommended?
- Are there alternatives?
- What are the risks involved?
- What is the procedure called?
- How is it done?
- What will happen if I don't have the surgery now?
- If I want a second opinion, whom can I consult?
- Will I need any medical evaluations prior to the surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- Will I meet with the anesthesiologist in advance?
- How long will the recovery take?
- What are my limitations during recovery?
- Will I need assistance at home afterwards? For how long?
- What will discharge instructions be?
- Will I need physical therapy?
If you have any other questions regarding your first visit to Dr. George Aitken's Office, please call us at 606.324.3903
We look forward to working with you!
Dr. George Aitken & Staff